Slider

Weekend Highs & Lows

Monday, February 12, 2018

Hello! Hello!
Happy Monday Friends!
This weekend was full of highs and lows.

I came home from work on Thursday to some very happy mail!
More on my Influenster box later this week, but look what else came...
I listened to Carol in an I Am Mom Summit video and immediately had to order this book!
I can't wait to get started!
Have any of you read it or heard anything about it?

I worked from home on Friday so I could help out with X's school Valentine's Day party that morning :)


All the kiddos enjoyed some valentine snacks while opening their valentines from each other, and then played a couple games and made a simple craft. 
It was a super simple party....exactly what the kids seem to like!


 X had to decorate a heart earlier in the week and write about something he loved.
Of course we had to do all things sports!
"I love football."
"I love basketball."
"I love valentines."
He was bummed that some of his decor was starting to fall off though :(

We forgot to take a picture together at the party, so we snapped a few when we got home :)

 On a random note...I saw this on Instagram this weekend.
I hate to admit it, but this is 100% true :(
Especially with my friends in my hometown :(

 After I got some work done, X and I played for a little bit before getting ready for his basketball game.


#4 played another great game despite being sick.
X's cold hit him hard during the game, but it didn't slow him down until it was over.




We grabbed a quick dinner at Skyline Chili after his game before heading home.
On the way home, X said all he wanted to do was lay down in bed.
Who is this kid? We knew he was sick at that point!
I fed him some meds and he fell asleep pretty quick.
While Mic and I watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, X was tossing and turning, shaking, heating up, etc.
I felt so bad for him :(
I took his temp before he fell asleep and he was around 99*.
A couple hours later he was up to 101.6* and he had already had a dose of Tylenol!
I gave him some more meds in the middle of the night and that seemed to help him break his fever a bit.
The rest of Saturday his fever continued to go down, but he just wasn't his normal self.
Praying that he continues to get better from this point.

He was so looking forward to his friend's birthday party at the trampoline park on Saturday morning, but he just couldn't do it :(
But since he improved quite a bit by that afternoon, we made a quick pit stop at a going away party for sweet little Colton (in the middle with the yellow and gray shirt).
 Did you happen to notice something in that above picture?
Oh yeah, my kid is a giant!!!!
All but the two closest to X are in Kindergarten with him.
#hegetsitfromhisdaddy


 From there, Mic and I dropped X off at my in-laws for a bit while we did some research for our upcoming home remodel.

Have any of you built a home?
Have you done an extensive remodel?
This is all knew to me!
Picking out all these items, deciding on all the materials, the layout, etc. is making my head spin!
Help!
Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

And while I am on the subject of remodeling, have any of you ever stained brick before?
We are looking to change up the brick on this fireplace area, but I think we are going to go darker.
Is painting the way to go?
Have you tried staining it?

And just like that our weekend was over.
X and I have been enjoying some of the Olympics too.
Congrats to 17 year old Red Gerard from Rocky River, Ohio on winning a gold medal in snowboarding!
Way to represent Ohio and the USA!!!

But you know what I have got him into watching with me...
This Is Us!
I am slowly catching up and he keeps asking to watch more!
Little does he know that they don't have football in all the episodes so we will see how long his interest lasts ;)

I hope you all had a good weekend and this week treats you well!
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts