Slider

Give Me All The Candied Bacon!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The weeks are seriously running together at this point!
Mic and I took a brief moment on Thursday evening and grabbed dinner together while X visited with my in-laws.
We checked out a new restaurant in town called ABC Kitchen.
We actually ordered takeout a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, but wanted to see what things were like there.
When you walk in the door it is like you are walking straight into an American Pickers episode.
Joanna Gaines would love this place!
From the wood on the walls, to the lighting, to the fun pieces throughout the place it was relaxing.

We ordered the candied bacon for an appetizer and it was delish!
Totally recommend!

Mic had the schnitzel while I opted for the Do Re Mi burger and fries.
So good!
 And I love that they use crumbled bacon instead of pieces!
Those darn pieces of bacon always seem to come out with one bite!
 I am excited to go back and try more of their menu.
If you are local or traveling through the area I would definitely give it a try :)

In other news it is March Madness time!
I got X to fill out a bracket to play along with my dad, brother and I this year.
He is actually doing really well, and even called a couple upsets!
Meanwhile my final two have already been eliminated :(

Friday was one of my favorite holidays of the year...St. Patrick's Day!
While I couldn't head to Cleveland and celebrate with family or friends, I did make sure to rock some green :)
I threw on my Notre Dame tee under my work clothes for some extra Irish spirit!

Since I totally forgot to layout hamburger meat to thaw before work we resorted to Plan B for dinner...
Skyline Chili!
They were featuring green pasta for St. Patrick's Day!

X managed to fall asleep in the 10 minute ride home,
so I made myself a festive cocktail to end my evening :)
Key Lime Cooler with graham cracker crumbs on top and some added green food coloring for fun!

Saturday evening we hung out with some friends for apps and drinks :)
I took one of the recipes and put my own spin on it and came up with a crowd pleaser!
It is similar to a White Russian if you have had one of those before :)

And then the host made a pitcher of this cocktail that I don't know the name of :(
It had a lime kick to it.
Perfect for a hot summer evening outside!

On Sunday we were all tired and sluggish so we hung around the house all day.
X decided he wanted to do some digging, so we pulled out a couple of his Dinosaur eggs from Christmas :)

And that was our weekend!
Currently I am battling whatever force is against me watching TV since our satellite went out yesterday while we were at work.
And the worst part is they couldn't schedule an appointment for us until the 31st!
Yes, I know it isn't the end of the world, but it is highly frustrating :(

But, I am going to try my best to think good thoughts!
More time to exercise! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts