Slider

Friday Favorites | Easter Edition

Friday, April 1, 2016

See that cup of coffee in the first photo?
I feel like I need about 10 more today (Thursday)!
The chaos of those Lego's around that cup are my life/job/etc. right now :(
What's that old commercial...Calgon take me away! lol!


Let's back up shall we?
Last Friday we had high hopes and plans to go to Kalahari with some friends for the day.
But X was hit with round 2 of this nasty cold thing going around on Wednesday and we had to cancel.
He thankfully wasn't contagious, but opted for just breakfast at our favorite spot - Cracker Barrel - to keep things simple.
Unfortunately, that evening he took a turn for the worse again :(
Poor guy was complaining that his ear hurt.
A dose of meds and he was out for the night.
While knowing your kid is sick and there isn't much you can do is the worst, watching him sleep is one of my favorite things to do :)

He woke up Saturday morning feeling much, much better!
So we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful day and get some fresh air.
One of X's favorite things to do is pick up sticks by the creek, so that is what he did!
Sunday morning X woke up and wanted to see if the Easter Bunny left him anything :)
He loved his personalized plate!
That silly smile is my favorite :)

After our normal Sunday morning grocery shopping and such, we headed over to my in-laws house for Easter dinner.
My MIL made this Tiramisu cheesecake for dessert :)
Definitely one of my favorites!
X took advantage of the temps being in the low 70's and drove his truck around for a bit.
He then posed for Easter Sunday pictures :)



#typical4yearoldboy
Love these two!


I saw this pop up on my Facebook feed the other day and I couldn't help but laugh.
I can't lie, I am a Nickelback fan but I know they are not a favorite for most.
On Tuesday night I picked up a latte and headed into the salon for some time with one of my favorite people :)
I wish Kasey lived closer so we could get together more.
Thankfully, we are going to see one of our favorites in concert this June together - Dixie Chicks!
I just started feeling sick that day, so getting some down time with a magazine was just what I needed.
#magazinesweremyweaknessbeforex
Even when sick, you have to take a selfie of freshly cut locks :)
And because the weather doesn't look so good for this weekend, and honestly I don't have time to get X up north to get his picture with the basket, I had my mom send me a picture of it.
I still need to work on my photo shop skills, but for now this will do :)
Easter 2016

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend and week!
And I hope none of you get pranked today!
Or if you do, it isn't too bad :)
Happy April Fools Day!

Linking up with Andrea, Erika & Narci!



3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful in your selfie! Boys...they are so silly and it's hard to ever get a posed picture. I love Nickelback to and would just about die to see the Dixie Chicks! Hope you guys all stay well for the weekend.

    The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thar is just the cutest plate for the cutest little boy!! Love your selfie too!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new haircuts, yours looks great, I need one so bad, but need to find someone...haven't found anyone yet. So glad X is doing better, my kids were both sick with that same cold probably. Baby Fox recovered in a day and a half and Mini Fox is still suffering :( Everything goes straight to her lungs and she gets that bubbly breaking sound, EVERY.SINGLE.TIME she gets sick...Happy weekend! Hopefully the weather is nice for you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts