Slider

#NationalGirlfriendsDay

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Do you know what August 1st is?
It is National Girlfriends Day!
I don't know about you, but I don't get to celebrate or even hangout with my friends nearly enough!
But when we do, we always have a great time catching up.

Since we are in our mid 30's now, most of us are married, have kids, and just experienced quite a bit in general.
Unfortunately, one thing too many of us have experienced is health scares.
The "C" word is a scary thing my friends.
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

So today, in honor of #NationalGirlfriendsDay I want you to check in with your friends.
It could be a phone call, email, or even a quick text.

See how they are doing. How they are truly doing themselves!
Not the family or their job.
Throw out it there!
You and your friends won't be sorry!
Trust me.
I know first hand how it can be hard to talk about, but once you get the ball rolling and start talking you will feel great!
And you may honestly save your or one of your girlfriends lives.

Now are you going to make that call or send that text?

Want some ideas on how to approach the subject?
Check out this site for some great health and safety tips, as well as being a supportive friend.
And make sure you save/PIN this info graph below to help you and your friends remember when to get those all important check ups.
And by pinning it you might be saving even more lives than just your friends.
Just a thought :)

Listen...
I try to live a balanced life as much as I can.
While I am by no means perfect, I try hard to fit in at least 30 minutes of activity into my day.
That could be anything from chasing X, to hitting the treadmill, taking a walk with a girlfriend, or just pulling one of many pins up on Pinterest to try a new workout.
It just puts me in a better mood :)
Also, eating clean foods and well balanced meals.
Now don't get me wrong, I eat ice cream, cake, and pizza.
But I don't do it all the time.
And my final tip/thought for you all --- HAVE FUN!
I completely understand that I need to practice what I preach here people.
Sometimes life and all that goes with it gets in the way, but you need to take some time for fun.
We only live once right?

Speaking of fun...
Go grab a cocktail with a girlfriend, celebrate #NationalGirlfriendsDay
and get the conversation started!


Want even more healthy tips or recipes?
Check out my Healthy Living tab at the top of this page for updates.



**This post and info graph were brought to you by Oscar. However, the opinions and stories are all my own. I am not being compensated for this post. Just bringing a dose of awareness into your weekend :) **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts