Slider

Spring Style Me | Week 1

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I joined an amazing group of ladies last year for the Spring Style Challenge that Alison @ Get Your Pretty On began.
I loved every minute of it!
While a lot of these ladies continued on with the Summer, Fall, etc. challenges I sat them out because I was just too busy.
(Things are always going to be busy around here! lol!)
Well, I am finally back with my girls for the 2015 Spring Challenge!
Today we are all linking up to show Days 1 & 2 of the challenge, so make sure you click on each of the blog links to see how the other ladies recreated the looks Alison inspired us with.

New this year - Alison released all of the outfit ideas for week 1 with the first outfit email.
So thankful for that!
I love to plan in general, so planning my looks for the week was wonderful!
And being able to switch the days around was great!

Day 1
Inspiration outfit: Camo, gray & brights

I knew I couldn't wear my camo jeans to work, so I had to change it up a bit.
I decided to go with my army green military jacket (Old Navy), my coral/red tee (JCP), gold circle necklace (Target), gray dress pants (Loft), and leopard belt and flats (Target).
All items I already owned prior to this challenge :)

I love my camo jeans I picked up on sale from Nordstrom last year, but unfortunately they are sold out and no longer on the site :(
I had every intention of throwing those on with a gray tee when I got home from work Monday night, but to my surprise the temps were in the upper 70's!!!
So instead I threw on my army green shorts (super old- Old Navy) with one of my favorite gray logo tees (Etsy @ Nordstrom) :)
#midwestisbest
Again, all items worn in the photo above I already owned prior to the challenge.

** Monday evening I swung through Payless on my way home from work to see what all the fuss was about with the Dexflex flats. While I haven't worn my new orange pair yet, they were super comfy in the store! Can't wait to pair them with future outfits :) **


Day 2
Inspiration outfit: Stripes with a pop of color

I was excited for Day 2 since I just picked up a new navy & white striped dress from Old Navy :)
I had every intention to wear my military jacket again since I didn't pick up either of the cardigans, but last minute Tuesday morning I decided to throw on a red boyfriend cardi (JCP).
I wanted to wear my new wedges from Target, but it was only 40* when I was leaving for work, so I threw on my cognac boots (JCP) instead.
I am on the phone quite a bit during the day at work, so hoop earrings don't really work for me.
I opted to wear some gold ball studs and skip the necklace entirely.
Sorry so blurry! Need to work on a better spot for my CamMe photos.
Are you taking part in the Spring Style Challenge?
Make sure to leave a link to your blog post in the comments below!
And don't forget to check out the outfits the ladies listed below came up with!

Also, linking up today with Alison @ Get Your Pretty On, Shanna @ Because Shanna Said So, and Sarah @ Tucker Up!

Shoes to Shiraz | R Squared | Two Teens and Their Mama |
Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy | A Lovely Little Wardrobe |
Mishaps and Mayhem of Solitary Life | Puppies and Pretties | Daily Style Finds |
Making the Most of Everyday | She Thought She Could | Foxy's Domestic Side |
Quilty Joy Joy | Curls and Cardigans | Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After |
My Running Stitches | From Plaid to Pearls | Stashed Blog | X-tremely V |
 A Little Bit of Cheer | Nick and Nik





16 comments:

  1. I have the same dress from old navy, but in the red. I really wish they had it in blue at the time - it looks so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress from ON, will be going there stat to try and find one! :) I can never have too many striped dresses right? hehe. Glad that you're back with the style challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Vanessa! You will love those coral flats!! I LOOOOOVE THEM! Loving all of your recreations. LOL about #midwestisbest! My hubby is from Indiana!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the cutest clothes! I'm especially fond is striped dresses! I need a little facelift in my closet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That striped dress is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I really want a part of coral flats! The Payless near me didn't have them in my size, but after seeing yours, I'm inspired to find another Payless to stalk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried the DexFlex flats but I need to! Love your striped dress - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to have you back in the linkup! And those boots...so very you! How tall are you???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the striped dress with the boyfriend cardi and boots!! Totally copying! :) Great subs too!! Glad you're back!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. striped dress is adorable on you!
    I LOVE the dexflex flats... I'm kind of thinking I need more :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those boots are great! I had the same problem on Tuesday. Can it be warm spring weather yet?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. (I think my comments aren't working... boo. Just delete multiples!)
    I love the Midwest shout out - I'm in Wisconsin and Indiana before that!
    Love the dress with boots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I may have to check out that dress....looks super cute! I bought a navy/white stripe last fall that I adored from J. Crew Factory...then I somehow missed the memo on "dry clean only" and it ended up the size of my 9 year old. sadness

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfits! So cute. The striped dress is my fave! I don't feel like I can wear knee length dresses because my legs are always blinding white. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! I love the army green, I think I need to add some to my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dress looks great with boots and definitely gives you another styling option.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts