Slider

Painting With A Twist

Monday, March 23, 2015

Friday night we kept things super chill since we knew we would be gone all weekend.
We enjoyed some of our favorite pizza and Big Hero 6!


I also finished up the Rum Chatta cupcakes for the bachelorette festivities on Saturday evening :)

On Saturday we dropped X off at my in-laws house and Mic and I headed north.
While the boys headed to Tilted Kilt, the Lake Erie Monsters hockey game, and Dave & Busters for the evening...we went painting!
With a twist ;)
We set up the food and drinks and it was time to get to work!
We had an awesome instructor who walks you through every step of the painting.
Check out the site here to see if there is one in your area.
So much fun! I can't wait to go back!

 We had a private room so Samantha was able to pick out the painting that we did for the evening.
Otherwise you just sign up for a class based on the paintings they are offering at that time.
That tropical palm tree painting at the front of the room is what we were trying to do.



 Samantha's sister made sure she was decorated accordingly :)
 The bridal party minus one.
I was trying not to blink..can you tell? lol!

Here is how my canvas started...
 throughout...

 almost done...

 and complete!
 I totally messed up the palm trees that were on the left side of the painting, so I just painted over them.
That was definitely the best part about the class!
You can change colors, add extra things, leave things out, etc. Totally up to you!
I wish I would have had more time to blend the sky, but it is what it is.

We all had a great time!
I suggest if you have OCD or are a perfectionist that you drink more during the process ;)

After painting we headed downtown Cleveland for dinner at Pickwick & Frolic and then a comedy show at Hilarities.
Of course we had to start the night with a shot to the bride & groom!
This picture doesn't do it justice, but this mirror on the wall across from our table was massive!
I was obsessed with it!
 The ladies that joined us for dinner.

We ate and then headed downstairs to hear Steve Bryne.

I have watched his show Sullivan & Son on TBS a few times before so I figured he would be pretty funny.
Hilarious to be exact!
More than a few times I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!
We weren't allowed to take pictures during the show, but I did sneak a couple just to show how close we were to the stage.
 Thankfully he chose to pick on the girls at the table next to us all evening :)
This was when he bought them a shot.

It was a fun, yet relaxing night for all.
Just like my future SIL :)

A late night wouldn't be complete without a stop at Taco Bell!
#fourthmeal

Sunday we slept in a bit, enjoyed some breakfast at my dad's house, and then headed home to see X.
We didn't do anything!
It was so nice :)
 By 7pm I was feeling the effects of being out after midnight and needed a cup of half caff to get through the next few hours. #keepinitreal

It was truly a great weekend.
Looking forward to the next couple of months of crazy :)

How was your weekend?
Have you ever tried Painting with a Twist?


12 comments:

  1. I really want to try that painting! All of the ones I want to do in my area fill up so quickly! Looks like you ladies had fun. Those cupcakes look delicious :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting classes are the best!! I've only done one but it turned out so awesome. It's hanging in our laundry room. Yours is beautiful!! Big Hero 6 and pizza is pretty much the best Friday night in my opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always seen people on FB doing this, I think I would have to drink a lot...I so suffer from OCD, lol. Looks like a great weekend! We had an equally great weekend, but I was way too tired yesterday to blog about it, now that's tired! I even went to bed when the kids went to bed, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting is great! I still have yet to do that and want to! How did X like the movie? I've heard there are scary parts and was nervous about Drew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I go paint I always start to get the idea that I may have ADD...I start getting bored and next thing I know I've ventured outside of the scope of the painting...but I do agree drink more! Still drooling over your cupcakes! And I totally would have been screwed if I had been across from that mirror....I have an awful habit with staring at myself and watching myself talk instead of looking at the person across from me. Glad you had a fun weekend and your painting looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just did this a few weeks ago and it was a blast! I love that they take you step by step so you don't even have to be a good artist to produce a quality print! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend!! You did an awesome job on your painting! I am going to a Paint night in a few week's and am worried that mine is going to turn out terrible...but it's for a great cause and all in good fun!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cupcakes, cocktails, painting & Taco Bell---Girl, that sounds like a fabulous weekend! Looks like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun weekend!!! Steve Bryne is from Pittsburgh! I love Sullivan and Sons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cupcakes turned out amazing!!! Great job! And, great job on painting! I love to go to PWAT but it's not very relaxing to me! I keep thinking "where the heck am I going to hang this?!" :) But, your painting is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun weekend! I'm planning a bachelorette party for my future sister in law in a few months and am thinking we will do something similar. Your painting was great!! Did your cupcakes taste as good as they looked?! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great weekend!! I have so been wanting to try the Painting with a Twist...It looks so fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts