Slider

FF | Birthdays

Friday, January 23, 2015

I love celebrating birthdays!
Especially for the ones I love most!
Mic's birthday was Tuesday, but I slowly started celebrating last Friday.
First, was a stop at Kroger for donuts and Starbucks.
He arrived home that evening to one of his favorite winter cocktails and homemade shrimp stir-fry.
 Vodka, 7up, splash of club soda, splash of Blue Curacao
 See my recipe here.
I am not a fan of flavored ice cream usually, but this stuff was really good!

Saturday, he worked all day so it was just a bowl of yummy ice cream at the end of the night.
Sunday, we hit up Texas Roadhouse for dinner with friends - no kids :)
Monday, the best boss ever (that would be Mic) said we were working from home.
I ran a few errands once he was done with work so he could enjoy a movie all by himself :)
The only child I married craves his alone time. I just don't understand it.
While running errands I discovered we got a Penn Station in the field!!!
I can't wait to go! There was one in the town that Mic and I worked in when we first started dating.
I love their fresh cut fries and steak sandwiches!
Thankfully it is across town enough that I won't be going all the time. My body will be thanking me for that!

That evening we headed over my in-laws for dinner and cake to celebrate family style.


By Tuesday I think Mic was tired of going out to dinner, but I wanted to be able to have a meal with just him and I.
We decided to try a new place called The Vault.
It is a wine bar of sorts that opened in an old bank.
I didn't want to look like a crazy person, so I held back from taking photos.
You can check it out on Facebook though.
I tried four wines for only $3, had a sample for $1, enjoyed some yummy food, and even came home with a bottle of wine :)
All in all it was a great night with my guy!


This weekend is the birthday for the other big guy in my life...my dad!
Hoping to get a quick trip up north in to give him a big hug and say Happy Birthday!
And probably have a drink with him to celebrate ;) #keepinitreal

Another highlight from the week...freshly cut and colored/highlighted locks :)


So there you have it! Five or so good things for the week :)
What are your highlights from this past week?
Are you a one day only birthday person or do you claim the whole week?

Linking up with the lovely ladies below

Amy/Karli

And don't forget to check out my new series on Thursdays!
I would love to feature some of you wonderful ladies :)


Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun week of birthday celebrations for Mic! Love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food posts are my favourite...checking out your linkup now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great girlfriend!!! And that buckeye ice cream?! SIGN.ME.UP! I crave ice cream maybe 2x a year, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh That drink looks tasty! Happy birthday to Mic! -Dorrie @ Bear Den Plantation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking I'm going to have to try that drink AND that shrimp stir fry soon! Sounds like Mic had a super birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the linkup!
    It looks like you had a fun week!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts