Slider

4th of July Weekend

Monday, July 7, 2014

I will eventually post about our vacation, but today is all about our weekend.
It was nice, relaxing, and filled with friends and family!
Close to perfect if you ask me :)

We started our weekend on Thursday with breakfast at Panera and running errands, minus X. It was great!
I love that kid, but you get so much more done when you aren't chasing after him through a store or having to hold him the entire time.
Delish!

Friday was the 4th and we worked on things at home most of the day.
Once X took his nap we headed over to my in-laws for some pulled pork and swimming.
It was kind of cold outside, so I let Mic take X in the water while I took pictures and video :)
Afterwards, we threw on some warm clothes and headed out to see fireworks.
Side note: I loved going to see fireworks over Lake Erie as a child.
Remember that side note...
My kid said "WOW" to the first few fireworks and then turned his head the other way and just wanted to look at the moon :(
Who's kid is this?
Crossing my fingers that next year is different!
He did manage to tell everyone he liked the fireworks when asked.
Oh well!

Goofing around while we wait for the fireworks to start :)


He kept telling the fireworks to "Stop it!"

Saturday was our small group dinner with a few extra families added for the 4th.
We had a great time hanging out with friends, eating good food, enjoying some fun drinks, swimming and playing wiffle ball.
It was a great day!
Bourbon Cream & Root beer cupcakes I made
Festive & kid friendly cupcakes made by the host
A table full of yummy food!
X seriously LOVED this play kitchen!
He would use the microwave, "cook" on the stove top, and "eat" his creations. He kept saying "Delicious!" lol!
I think this is being added to his Christmas list!
Joey after the silly string war :)



Sunday my dad and step mom came down to visit since it felt like forever since we have seen them!
We had a great time catching up, talking about our vacation, and of course eating some hot dogs and more :)
They melt my heart :)

It seriously was pretty close to perfect all weekend!
Can I have a repeat of that every weekend?
Please and Thank you :)

I can't wait to hear what you did over the weekend! :)


6 comments:

  1. Oh I want those rootbeer cupcakes!!! Looks like a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man do those cupcakes sound delish! Looks like a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a lot of fun! cupcakes look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the videos of X swimming. So cute! "everyone watch me!" so stinking adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute videos!!
    What a fun 4th!!
    I wish Nolan enjoyed the water like X does :)
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a pretty perfect weekend! :) I suddenly need a cupcake... and all the food on that table. My lunch just isn't cutting it today ;)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts