Slider

2.5

Thursday, June 5, 2014


The love of my life is 2.5 years old today!
Well, the second love of my life, but you get the idea.
He has grown leaps and bounds since he turned 2 just 6 short months ago!
The amount of things he understands is amazing!
All the words he says, and the things he points out or knows without any instruction is just plain crazy to me!
I mean seriously, how many kids know an old car from a new car?
And I am not talking about a rusty old beater vs. a nice shiny new vehicle.
I am talking about those beautiful and pristine cars and trucks from the 50's!
This kid can point one out and tell you it is an old car!
No idea who taught him that!
Mic and I kind of have this idea that he just gets it naturally since we both have an extreme love for cars/trucks.

To some of you reading this post you probably think this chic is crazy, every kid knows those things.
Since this is my first kid (and probably my only) I have no clue what I am doing, looking for, etc.
I am just wingin' it people!

All I know that 6 months ago he did not know half of the words or objects or songs that he knows now!
It is truly incredible!
When I am sad or hurting he gives me kisses and hugs.
When I am dancing, he joins in.
When I am sticking out my tongue, he sticks his out farther!
I love this little munchkin to pieces!!!!

Now don't get me wrong...there are things that he still does or doesn't do at 2.5 that drives me bonkers!
The kid still has to have a pacifier in his mouth whenever he is with me or Mic :(
However, he totally gives it up all day long at daycare. Yeh! & Grrr!
He still sleeps right in the middle our extremely small queen size bed.
These days he turns sideways most nights, so I typically lay on the edge of the bed.
He also still feels the need to pull/yank/twist my hair at the root to fall asleep :(
And yes, he still wakes at least once during the night for his cup of milk.

But at the end of the day I don't care what he does to my hair, where he sleeps, or if he has a pacifier in his mouth.
He could honestly pull my hair and hit me while smiling and I would take it.
His cuteness is going to kill me someday! lol!

Here are some of his favorite things right now...



{TV/Movies}
Cars & Cars 2
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Sheriff Callie
Super Why


{Food}
Fruit Snacks
Carrots
Pudding
Hot dogs
Mac-n-cheese
Corn
Milk & water only



{Toys}
Any and all cars/trucks/tractors/trains


{Music & Learning}
Loves to sing the theme songs to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Sheriff Callie
Sings the ABC song all the way through with the "Now I know my" part
Can count to 20 with ease
Knows his colors
Who's car is who's and some types of cars -- Hello Lamborghini!

{Current Stats}
Still in the upper 70's and 80's percentile wise for height and weight.
With a dad who is 6'6" this totally not surprising!
And the doctor says he is talking great and saying lots of words :)
Actually demonstrated things for her this morning that we didn't even know he could do!
That kid is always amazing me :)

Can't wait to celebrate your half birthday with you tonight X!
We will be having white cake as requested by my little cutie :)



3 comments:

  1. Awww, what a cute post. It is amazing the difference between 2 and 2.5! My son is almost 3.5 and it's CRAZY what he comes up with now and days and what he understands. I try to remind myself, enjoy this while I can, you think it might be annoying, but when he's no longer doing it and calling you MOM, you'll wish you could get this back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow so fast. The twins will be 2 next week. :( YOu wanna pull your hair out, yet have them stay little too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how cool is he in those sunglasses?!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts