Slider

The 2014 Cleveland Auto Show

Thursday, March 6, 2014

I wrote about our visit to the auto show last year here.
I am always super pumped to be able to go and check out the vehicles.
I mean one of them could be my future car!
Since we buy used, it probably will be a 2014 when I get it in a couple of years :)

Anyways, it is always fun to sit in cars that you may never consider, can't afford, etc.

We arrived at the I-X Center shortly after the show opened for the day and headed straight to the back wall of cars. It made it super easy to zigzag back and forth through the cars. Thus ending at the front door when our legs were exhausted from all that walking :)

I always love to see what Benz has to offer since I worked there many years ago.



I have always loved Cadillacs!
Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted one...still do!
The ELR is from my favorite commercial :)



While I am not a big fan of yellow,
this new vette was gorgeous!!!!

Both KIA & Hyundai had new big body sedans on display this year. Compare the vehicles here.


Favorite dash went to the Cadillac SRX.
For some reason it looks like the outline of a transformer to me :) Really cool if you ask me! 

Best grill went to the Lexus F Sport. Amazing!!!

And the overall winner of the show for me was....

I went into the show looking for my next vehicle.
Since I live in Ohio, I need/want/enjoy driving an SUV.
Especially in the winter!!!
The 2014 Toyota Highlander offered just about everything I am looking for!
It has a nice updated dashboard,
2nd row captain chairs,
bonus 3rd row that folds flat (this is key),
and one of the most important things is that my 6'6" husband fits comfortably in it :)
Oh, and when if we pick it up (used) in a year or so it will have a great price tag :)
Both of our current vehicles we picked up from lease turn ins and have been wonderful cars. 
I highly suggest it!




Land Rover had such a small area and they didn't even have one of each model there :( On top of that, none of the vehicles were unlocked. Granted...I am dreaming big looking at these cars, but I would still like to be able to compare them.

I am not a fan of mixing leather together.
All the GMC and Chevy vehicles I looked at had two-tone colored leather. While it is nice that they offer that, I would have liked to see something a bit more realistic. 

While I love the size of some of the big SUV's that Nissan and Toyota offer, I felt the interiors and dash were kind of dated for what all the other brands have to offer.

I took a lot of pictures, but I don't want to bore you all with them. And I could go on and on with my opinions of the show, but again you probably could care less!
However, I would love to hear what your favorite vehicle make & models are!


Do you check out the local auto show when it comes to town?
Do you prefer to buy or lease?
Does color and brand matter to you?
What are some of your "must haves" in a vehicle?

The Cleveland Auto Show runs through Sunday, March 9th.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts