Slider

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Friday, March 8, 2013

It was Dr. Seuss week at X's school (daycare) this week and I couldn't have been more excited! I love themed activities (especially for school), but I really love Dr. Seuss! The Grinch is my absolute favorite Christmas character and Christmas movie of all time. The Jim Carrey version is played over and over in my house during the holidays.

Monday was "Crazy Hair/Crazy Hat Day"



Not much you can do with a 1 year old's hair.....so I just added some gel and hairspray to it and scrunched it with my hands. The result is the top photo :)

The hat in the bottom photo we found at Target in the dollar bin section. We thought it was hilarious and that it would be a funny thing for a 1 year old to wear. After some time to think about it, we decided to not have him wear it. While we may think it is funny, some of the other parents at X's school may not think it is the most appropriate hat for a little kid :(

Wednesday was "Mismatch/Backwards Clothes Day"


X had on a two-tone blue onesie, with a red, gray & white flannel over it, black & white striped track pants, Easter socks (pastel colors) that said "Chicks dig me", and his construction boots. This was the best picture I could get of him. He is so much like his mommy! He was not happy at all with having to wear clothes that didn't match :( I know he is only 15 months old, but I swear he knew we were documenting this and wanted no part of it...hence the fact that he did not cooperate too well for the photo. If we would have had a button down jersey we totally would have dressed him like Kris Kross (rap duo from the 90's....again dating myself)! :)

Today (Friday) is "Favorite Pajamas Day"


He wore his red, black & white pj's that have a penguin flying a plane on the front of the shirt :) Comfy clothes are always enjoyable to wear! For a moment I wished that I could participate today as well....then I laughed at myself. I would not leave the house in pj's or anything that resembles pj's! I have always been that way...still not sure how all those girls did it in college. Or how those high school kids seem to do it now. Kind of makes my skin crawl...I know I am weird! But hey, I have no problem leaving the house without makeup on or my hair thrown into a ponytail or bun. I just have to match and not look like I have pj's on.

Since X only goes to school 3 days a week he missed "Dress like a Rock Star Day" and "Crazy Sock Day". Boo! I would have loved to have dressed him up like a Rock Star! Oh well, maybe next time!

All in all it was a great week and I am sure he had a lot of fun doing Dr. Seuss activities and crafts :) Check out the Dr. Seuss website (http://www.seussville.com/) for more info on books, games & activities, etc.

What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book or movie? Did your kids have a Dr. Seuss week at school or something similar?

Until next week....Have a great weekend!

XoXo ~ V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts